Thursday 21 November 2013

Curved. But Flat.

This is a nice tip I found for the palm (I know I'm still on hands). This technique does depend on the idea of manipulating an object in your mind as I mentioned a couple of posts ago with the dice. You can even see a little bit of the exercise in the bottom left of this using a cup as my subject.

The idea of this is that the palm is essentially a curved, flattened cube, and I thought it would be a nice exercise to practice that shape a few times to get a feel for it.


I then tried to work that into the shape of the hand, the best example being in the bottom right of the image below. Just to the right of that there is a similar technique to the one in my last post, drawing out the skeleton and knuckles, but including the fingertips as cylinders. Of course, that depends on if you can already picture the length of the fingers and where the knuckles will be on a foreshortened hand. I haven't even got to that yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment