Tuesday 5 November 2013

First Hand Knowledge

This was one of those moments where you say to yourself, 'I think I'll draw a hand', and you look down, start moving the pencil and everything just works.

I was so spontaneous with this one that I put last month's date on it.

Drawing like this scares me a little though. Producing something like this in such a short time always makes me a little nervous to pick up the pencil and do another. What if it doesn't happen again? What if that's it?

This hand was a drawing of what was there, nothing clever, just careful observation and a couple of rough circles and lines to denote the shape (you can see one at the base of the thumb). But I needed to know what the techniques were, how a hand can be constructed and always look correct from any angle, without doing any more silly hand signs in a mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment