Thursday 19 December 2013

Everybody's Heard...

I didn't even know what pencil I used. I think I'm coming to a close on the hands for now, and I think I've learnt a little more about what style I want to follow i.e. not this. I like the idea of exaggeration, like in the superhero comics, but with a realistic side to it too. I also really like the rough, sketchy styles that somehow still look great. Having always been so tidy with my drawing, it's not a style I have ever gone into, but I really want to be able to master.

Not more than I want to present a clean, clinical drawing, apparently.

'And it's nice to see you too...'

It's a nice drawing and I really like the cleanliness of it all, but it's not something you would hang on your wall, is it? It's not art - yet. I don't want to end up drawing stuff that looks like something a doctor would point at, as great as that sounds.

For the more sensitive among 'all my readers' I must apologise for step 3 on the diagram above. In my experience of drawing well over five hands, I have found that starting with the middle finger gives a good reference as to where the others sit. My third finger is slightly longer than my index and I don't know if that's common. Maybe that's why I always get mittons instead of gloves for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment